Sydney Music Circle is privileged to invite your gracious participation at our flagship programme, Thyagaraja Aradhana, 2019.
When: Saturday 23 February, 2 pm to 7 pm (students and junior artistes); and
Sunday 24 February, 8.30 am to 4 pm (Pooja starts at 8.30am, Pancharatna rendition 8.45am followed by seniors)
Where: Redgum Centre, Wentworthville
The registration portal on our website can be accessed from Friday 28th December 2018 and will close on Friday 8th February 2019. As in previous years, you can select songs from a drop-down list and input other related information. The date and indicative time-slots for each participant will be published online a few days before the programme.
Owing to the overwhelming response from junior and senior artistes, and the limited time available, group registrations are preferred.
- Students can be registered only by their teacher.
- 15 minutes is available per teacher, with a maximum of three songs within this time. Teachers are free to form groups among their students for each song.
- If a teacher has less than 3 students, each student can perform for a maximum of five minutes.
- Seniors are requested to perform in groups.
- Requests for solo performance can be accommodated, subject to availability of time, after groups have been registered.
A few do’s and don’ts –
- Fill out the online registration form completely. Incomplete and ambiguous registrations may be rejected.
- Indicate your sruti on the registration form so that accompanists can be assigned and are ready beforehand.
- Indicate the full name (given name + family name) wherever requested, with correct spellings, since it is likely that the participants’ names will be projected on to a screen whilst they are onstage.
- Do not, as far as possible, select vilamba-kaala kritis.
- If you have a special request regarding preferred timings, accompanists, etc. please indicate this on the registration form. Requests for rescheduling time slots cannot be entertained at short notice on the programme days.
- (for seniors only) Be prepared for a request from SMC to change your song selection. Though extremely unlikely, this may be necessary to avoid multiple renditions of the same song.
and on the programme days –
- Please arrive at the venue an hour before your scheduled slot.
- Register your students and yourself at the reception desk immediately on arrival so that we know you are available to perform.
- Do not perform manodharma sequences (alapana, niraval, kalpana swarams, etc.).
- Do not move your assigned mikes, as they have been professionally calibrated and synchronised with the audio system after considerable testing.
- If you are seated in the audience, please remain silent during the programme as a mark of respect to the Saint, to the performers onstage, and to others in the audience.
We look forward to your enthusiastic participation in paying homage to Swami Thyagaraja.
Given the reach and complexity of organising an event such as this, we welcome volunteers to help any way they can. Registrations for supply of food is open, please click on volunteers registration to register. We would be grateful for your kind co-operation.
Sydney Music Circle Organisers